Valentine's Day Deals
We at the DT get the arguments about Valentine's Day. It's nothing more than a conspiracy created by manufacturers of holiday cards and assorted stuffed animals. But given the recent sweetheart deals surrounding hotel stays, we're willing to grit our teeth at all those "happy couples" who like to rub their relationships in the faces of "cough" their single friends and check in for a little pampering.
Check out the holiday hotel offers after the jump.
* New York's Marriage Bureau was just renovated, and to celebrate the new 24,000-square-foot facility, the Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park is offering an "NYC Nuptials Wedding Night" overnight package for couples married there. The package includes accommodations for the wedding night, a complementary room upgrade, and Champagne upon arrival. There are no rooms open this weekend, but the package runs until the end of this year.
* Omni Hotels nationwide have a "French Kiss" package running from February 14 through December 30, complete with Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne, a gourmet breakfast in bed with, of course, French toast, and a late check-out. The offer also includes a call-ahead from the "romance director" to help tailor your experience. Rates start at $139 per night and vary depending on special requests.
* Kimpton is offering a national spa-inspired retreat that includes a lesson with a certified massage therapist. The "Rub the One You're With" package is available at 29 Kimpton hotels for stays through March 31. Reservations can be made at KimptonHotels.com by entering PRLX in the rate code box, or by calling 1-800-KIMPTON and requesting the package. Rates start at $249 per night, depending on the city and on availability.
* The Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel has an art-inspired winter getaway called "Renaissance Art of Romance." It includes king deluxe accommodations with a Boston Harbor view, two tickets to the Institute of Contemporary Art, including the new Shepard Fairey exhibit, and breakfast in bed for two. Rates start at $239 per night and the package is available until April 5. Reservations must be made 72 hours in advance.
* If all else fails, you can send pink-hued texts to light up a tower in Seville.