Dream Trip 2009: Ten Best Moments to Remember
Our Dream Trip winner Wanwisa Posner wraps up her trip to paradise (a.k.a. the One&Only Reethi Rah)
The winner of last year's Dream Trip Contest recently got back from her $25,000 adventure in the destinations of her dreams--Hong Kong and the Maldives--and has guest-blogged about it here for the past three weeks. If you've read Wendy's article in Condé Nast Traveler's August issue, you know just how much time, effort, and detail went into the planning of Wanwisa's journey. We hope you've enjoyed reading about how those plans unfolded.
For my final Dream Trip dispatch, I've challenged myself to come up with a list of my top ten favorite moments. It's nearly impossible to do, but I'm going to try:
1. Swimming within a couple of feet from a sea turtle.
2. Dining on a special menu at Lung King Heen at the Four Seasons, Hong Kong.
3. Taking a private dim sum-making class at the InterContinental Hong Kong.
4. Flying over the North Malé Atoll in the Maldives.
5. Dining on room-service lunches on the deck of our overwater villa.
6. Taking advantage of the iPod dock provided by the One&Only and dancing on our villa deck like no one was watching.
7. Scuba diving for the first time ever.
8. Enjoying a fabulous private beach barbecue.
9. Swimming late in the evening in our private plunge pool under the starry night sky.
10. Eating mini-sandwiches off a heart-shaped table made out of sand on our private sandbank excursion.
All of this could not have been possible without the help of the travel agent Wendy hooked us up with: Lindsey Wallace of Linara Travel. I believe Lindsey is our "soul-mate travel specialist." As soon as Wendy introduced me to him, he immediately picked up on who Jay and I are as travelers and helped us plan an amazing trip filled with one spectacular experience after another. He scored ridiculous deals and discounts, and he had the connections to get us the best room on the best beach and the best table at the best restaurants! For these reasons, working on this itinerary with Lindsey is my No. 11. Thanks, Lindsey and Wendy, for creating a trip that exceeded any and all hopes, wishes, and desires for any travel experience I could possibly imagine for Jay and myself.