Aggro-Tourism: Stress-Busting Vacations
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
- Adventures That Give Back ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
- How to Vacation Like Indiana Jones ›
- Extreme Sports for Spectators ›
- Comeback Destinations for Experienced Travelers ›
- Choose Your Own Adventure ›
BAD BOYS AND GIRLS
It feels good to let out your inner Hulk, doesn't it? But in the interest of keeping our readers out of court and/or the slammer, we'd prefer you channel your newfound sense of reckless freedom in a positive way. Laughing at celebrities, for instance. Or finding appropriate places to get really, really smashed.
One of the oldest and proudest traditions in destructive behavior is trashing the hotel room. Our list of the "World's Worst Hotel Guests" includes such gems as Keith Moon, who threw the TV into the pool, and Amy Winehouse, who threw pasta at the wall and cut up the carpets.
Often enough, celebrity-induced hotel carnage also involves career-trashing. Compare tales of unfortunate "Celebrity Hotel Hookups" and decide for yourself which kind of damage is worse. But it's important not to take the antics too far, or you could end up on our list of hotels that are haunted by famous deaths.
When most people do bad things to themselves or to property, it often involves a long night of imbibing. To get you in the swing of things, consider the "World's Best Bar Crawls" or "Mind-Altering Vacations." And please, don't call us in the morning.