But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
BLACKS BEACH, SAN DIEGO
Naked truth: For every shoreline, there is a nude beach hiding somewhere on it. Of course, Brazil, France, and Greece get all the attention, but for our money, Blacks Beach in La Jolla, San Diego, is just as gorgeous, just as nude, and much closer to home. Blacks embodies everything that made Southern California a pop song in the first place—volleyball, barbecues, lab puppies frolicking in the surf, and a slew of bathing suit–less sunbathers who come with the let-it-all-hang-ten attitude that we love about California in the first place.
Bodies of evidence: This is the part of the world where Baywatch was filmed, but no, we can't pretend that it's all Pamela Andersons and David Hasselhoffs (thank goodness). You know the people you normally see at the beach in Southern California? Now picture them with no clothes.
Best reason to bring a towel: You're on the beach, duh.
Don't forget your: Sunscreen. You'll be exposing bits and pieces that have never seen the sun.