But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
BLUE LAGOON, ICELAND
Naked truth: This is nakedness, jet set style. The Blue Lagoon is your typical luxe destination spa—massages, healthy food, steam rooms, saunas, high-design guest rooms, its own product line—but with an only-in-Iceland twist. It was built on the country's famous hot springs, which, judging by the other participants, are best enjoyed sans clothing.
Bodies of evidence: Among others, svelte Swedes named Sven. It's a collection of attractive Nordic people with blond hair and no tan lines.
Best reason to bring a towel: There's actually a practical application, for once—you need to dry off after your dip in the geothermal pools. The temperature of the pools varies, but expect a chilly awakening when you get out.
Don't forget your: Hydrogen peroxide. Go ahead and be blond for the week. You may be naked but you don't want to stand out.