But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE
Naked truth: Ostensibly, the World Naked Bike Ride was started in 2004 as a demonstration against pollution and oil dependency. Over the years, it's taken on different forms in different countries at different times but the general theme is the same: Participants are encouraged to strip down and go out for a bike ride. But the bicycle part is somewhat misleading—skateboards and in-line skates are welcome as well. Dates are listed online, but if they don't fit into your schedule, you can start your own.
Bodies of evidence: It's hard to tell what you're looking at with all that colorful body paint, but that man dressed like a cop is not a YMCA imposter. He's actually a cop, and depending where this bike ride is taking place, he's either directing traffic or about to issue a citation.
Best reason to bring a towel: For padding—ouch—on the narrow—ouch—and bumpy—ouch—bike seat.
Don't forget your: Mirrored sunglasses—they're as close to inconspicuous as you can get on a naked bike ride.