But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Subway Stations with Incredible Art ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- World's Best Cities for Architecture Lovers ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 11 Mobile Shopping Boutiques ›
Hôtel Sidi Driss, Matmata, Tunisia
The Tunisian town of Matmata is riddled with troglodyte dwellings, vertical caves dug out by humans and turned into homes. The Hôtel Sidi Driss is one such desert delight.
Geek factor: Does the cave hotel look strangely familiar? The interior was used as a Star Wars filming locationit's the Lars' homestead on Tatooine.