24 hours at the Edinburgh Festival
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Subway Stations with Incredible Art ›
- World's Best Cities for Architecture Lovers ›
- 11 Mobile Shopping Boutiques ›
- Brooklyn, New York Guide to Shopping ›
- World's Best Bespoke Souvenirs ›
- Tiny Tourist Attractions ›
- Asia Undercover ›
- The World's Weirdest Museums ›
- 24 Hours in Shanghai ›
- The New Wonders of the World ›
Stay out late
1 am: It might have something to do with the 1-to-3 am time slot, but the audience at Late 'n' Live is notorious for showing no mercy. At this Edinburgh fixture, held every night of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe at the Gilded Balloon, a steady stream of comic acts are reduced to sniveling wrecks by jeerers and hecklers (past survivors include Eddie Izzard, pictured). This is a festival experience you won't forget in a hurry—nasty, but liberating, too.
For more information on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and Edinburgh International Festival, and for more activities in Edinburgh, see our Edinburgh travel guide.