Spring Break for Adults
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Signs that the claws of winter are finally loosening their grip are plentiful: buds opening anew, windows flung open to receive cool breezes, college kids rolling onto the beach like so many drunken locusts. Yes, it's time for Spring Break, and all the swimsuit-swapping, tequila-slamming, MTV-televising madness that comes with it. But wait a minute: Haven't you also survived the cruel winter? Where's your spring break, your chance to baste in the sun and rock that bikini? Don't get stuck at home planting azaleas: For every beach hot spot luring the college kids with booze cruises and booty-shaking contests, we've found a sophisticated, adult version nearby. Sure, you might have to share the plane with a bunch of overstimulated adolescents, but that's why we grown-ups have first-class upgrades.
Published March 2006.