World's Sexiest Beaches 2006
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
ANGRA DOS REIS, BRAZIL
This jet-set archipelago on the Costa Verde, southwest of Rio, has 2,000 beaches dotted across its almost 365 islands—one for every day of the year, locals joke. The vibe? Hamptons with a dash of the Hollywood Hills.
Rub suntanned elbows with: Well-to-do weekenders from São Paulo, making the most of their society connections—and their friends' yachts.
Best way to cool off: Draft beers, called chopps, served frigidly cold.
Beach chic: A Day-Glo Rosa Chá bikini and brand-new breasts.
Where to bed down: Your own private island. The white sand–wrapped Ilha do Ouriço has just five thatched cabanas, each for two people. Glass floors let you ogle the sea life from the sofa.
Ilha do Ouriço
Tel: 44 20 7384 2332
From $30,000 per week for the entire island