World's Sexiest Beaches 2006
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The scene: a two-week vacation; 1,200 tiny low-lying coral islands to lose yourself in; turquoise waters that never dip below 79 degrees; and a very special friend. Much recovered since the 2004 tsunami, the Malvides are as laid-back and Edenic as ever.
Rub suntanned elbows with: Sophisticated, globe-trotting Brits; long-haired, lithe-bodied Swedes.
Best way to cool off: A coconut with a straw.
Beach chic: Keep it simple: bare feet, a swimsuit, and a sarong.
Where to bed down: A bungalow at Sol Kerzner's sumptuous One&Only Reethi Rah. Or just a pitch a hammock on the nearest pair of palm trees.
One&Only Reethi Rah
Tel: 960 664 88 00
Tel: 866 552 0001
Doubles from $680