World's Sexiest Beaches 2006
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Whether you're whale watching, windsurfing, or just romancing, the beaches on Maui are lush and postcard-perfect. You can luxuriate on Kapalua beach in West Maui, a perfect crescent protected from harsh winds by lava rock outcrops, or watch windsurfers tackle the elements on Ho'okipa Beach on the North Shore.
Rub suntanned elbows with: Left Coast entertainment bigwigs (plus their ready-tanned wives) and buff surfers—Ho'okipa is close to Jaws, the monster wave made famous by hottie Laird Hamilton.
Best way to cool off: Snack on Spam appetizers—it's still a throwback favorite here—and a mai tai.
Beach chic: Make like an '80s surf bum with the latest retro label to be resurrected from the fashion graveyard: Ocean Pacific, dude.
Where to bed down: Four Seasons Wailea, which has cooling Evian mists poolside.
Four Seasons Wailea
Tel: 808 874 8000
Doubles from $395