World's Sexiest Beaches 2006
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Corfu isn't just for boozing 'n' bonking package-holiday Brits: There are still plenty of unspoiled, olive grove–rimmed beaches for the more discriminating (and less sunburned) among us. This exotic island has a long literary history, too: After all, it supposedly inspired Shakespeare to shipwreck Prospero.
Rub suntanned elbows with: Tousle-haired Greek shipping heirs and the spoiled-but-sexy girls who bed them.
Best way to cool off: A martini the way the Greeks like 'em—extra_dry, with a local olive.
Beach chic: Dig through Mom's closet for her best vintage Paco Rabanne bikini, circa 1965—or a Gernreich monokini if you dare.
Where to bed down: The peninsula-set Grecotel Corfu Imperial, which has three private sandy beaches and enough space to moor a private yacht (all the better to lure those shipping heirs).
Grecotel Corfu Imperial
Tel: 30 26610 91 481
Doubles from $610