World's Sexiest Beaches 2006
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
HUAHINE, TAHITI, FRENCH POLYNESIA
This atoll in French Polynesia has a rustic, romantic air that puts Bora Bora to shame. The best part of Huahine? A lagoon that's rimmed with Fantasy Island–worthy beaches—imagine lolling on mounds of powdered sugar and washing off in Evian-clear waters. And there are plenty of places to find a private moment, au naturel.
Rub suntanned elbows with: Barefoot honeymooners, washboard-stomached surfers, and the occasional privacy-craving celeb.
Best way to cool off: A carton of the local alcoholic punch known as Tahiti Drink. It's delicious—and lethal.
Beach chic: A strand of locally farmed black pearls paired with an Agnès B. bikini.
Where to bed down: Make like Robinson Crusoe and book a room at the Pension Mauarii, where the door handles are fashioned from branches and the pillars are rough-hewn tree trunks. No worries about creature comforts: The plush canopied beds and giant bathrooms with inlaid coral will keep you feeling pampered.
Tel: 689 68 86 49
Doubles from $97