World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Caprera Island, Sardinia, Italy
The vibe: La dolce vita meets Euro bling.
Picture this: A subdued day haunt just off Sardinia's ultrachic Costa Smeralda, Caprera Island's secluded bays and secret coves call out for skinny-dipping or a beach picnic for two. One of seven islands in the Maddalena archipelago, and now a national park, the beaches are gently bathed by the cobalt Tyrrhenian Sea.
The crowd: The Costa Smeralda is all about supertoned divas in teeny-weeny Missoni bikinis and Italian industrialists in oversized Prada sunglasses—but out here you'll be sharing nature with the abundant seabirds.
The sundowner: Cocktails on the speedboat. Try an Earl of Sardinia: crème de cassis, Campari, grapefruit juice, pineapple, and grenadine.
Come to bed: There are no hotels on Caprera, but it's just a 15-minute boat ride to the Costa Smeralda, where the Hotel Cala di Volpe exudes extravagant Italian glamour. The hotel's 125 rooms have private balconies, and activities include a water-ski school, tennis courts, the nearby Pevero Golf Club, and a lot of posing and flirting.
Hotel Cala di Volpe
Tel: 39 0789 976111
Doubles from $2,750