World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Santa Maria Beach, Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde
The vibe: The calm before the storm
Picture this: Ilha do Sal, the jewel of the ten Cape Verde islands off the west coast of Africa, is a place you'll be reading more about. Young in-the-know fashionistas are heading en masse to the sublime beaches and laid-back nightlife of Santa Maria town. Lap up the eye candy, go deep-sea fishing, and swap tall stories in the mellow bars when the sun goes down. Get here before the stampede.
The crowd: Steaming-hot French and Italian kite-surfing hunks (they discovered Sal first) hang with the equally buff locals, while lithe beauties sun themselves on dive boats.
The sundowner: The lethal sugarcane brew Grog at Tam Tam bar in town.
Come to bed: Sleep late at the inviting Hotel Morabeza—the current "in" hotel on the beach. It has 140 guest rooms with private terraces, a gym, plus tennis courts and a freshwater pool.
Tel: 238 242 10 20
Doubles from $174