World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Playa Tamarindo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
The vibe: City kids get physical in a tropical playground.
Picture this: This supple slice of sand on the north Pacific coast in the province of Guanacaste is perfectly suited for surfing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, boogie-boarding, or horseback riding. Sound like too much activity? It's also suited for kicking off flip-flops, dropping your butt into the sand, and chilling out.
The crowd: Freshly tanned New York City boys grappling with Windsurfers; curvy babes in gold metallic bikinis, broad grins, and black-n-blues
The sundowner: Find a beach shack bar, make new friends, and sample a guaro—the local liquor that's similar to rum and is served as a shot or mixed with juice or soda.
Come to bed: Five luxury villas are tucked away at El Jardín del Edén, a boutique hotel set on a hillside just three minutes' walk from the beach. Villas have terraces with magnificent views of the entire Tamarindo Bay, and the hotel also offers surfing and sport fishing.
El Jardín del Edén
Tel: 506 653 0137
Doubles from $145