World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Grande Plage, Biarritz, France
The vibe: Beach bums meet fashion plates.
Picture this: A few folks are saying non to St. Tropez these days—too much lizard-skin cleavage and too many bad toupees. Instead they're opting for Biarritz, the surfer paradise on the Atlantic Ocean that's attracting a more discreet clique of glitterati and showbiz stars. Come for the gloriously snooty restaurants gastronomiques, the sexy surf dudes, or the famous cellulite-shrinking thalassotherapy spas.
The crowd: Lolitas in board shorts and floppy hats, celebrities (look for Karl Lagerfeld, Isabella Rossellini, and Paco Rabanne), and Parisian socialites on spa weekends
The sundowner: Kick off with a citron pressé then fall off the wagon with a thud—make mine a magnum of Moët, mon chéri.
Come to bed: Quiet time is best at the Maison del Mar, a traditional Basque cliffside villa with views of the Atlantic Ocean from the wooden sundeck.
Maison del Mar
Tel: 44 207 432 8060
From $1,237 per person per week