World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii
The vibe: Chilled-out aloha spirit
Picture this: A big romance only comes along once in a lifetime (or maybe thrice…)? So embrace the Hawaiian cliché of sunsets, fresh-flower leis, and warm waters of the island's upmarket west coast. You could stroll in the charming nearby town of Lahaina with its art galleries and restaurants, or explore the small coves of Napili. Or, just chill under the Hawaiian sun together and neck.
The crowd: Vacationers in Hawaiian shirts, artistic types in floaty caftans, bleached-blond boys. Ignore 'em all and pay attention to the person you came with.
The sundowner: Pull up a bar stool and ask for a Tanned Beach Bum: dark rum, Kahlua, ice, and milk.
Come to bed: Set on 40 beachfront acres, the centerpiece of the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is a 750,000-gallon free-form pool with an underwater cave and grotto bar. Heat things up on your private lanai, or get amorous on the pillow-top mattresses floating above the Plantation-style wood beds.
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
Tel: 808 874 800
Doubles from $410