World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The vibe: It was this big—honest!
Picture this: Out to land a big one? Then it has to be Cabo San Lucas. Where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean, with the towering Sierra de la Laguna mountains as backdrop, Cabo's whole raison d'être is interesting mash-ups—whether you're fishing for billfish or blonds. The long sandy main beach, El Médano, is the place for swimming and more adrenaline-pumping water sports than you can poke a rod at. Go deep-sea angling, snorkeling, surfing, or exploring. Or curl up on the beach with a very steamy novel and a very tall drink.
The crowd: Rippling muscles, toned torsos, rich kids on spring break, cruise ship day-trippers, and city slickers turned barefoot surf gods
The sundowner: Margaritas, by the bucket. Or a Michelada cocktail—that's Mexican beer kicked up with lime, Tabasco, and Worcestershire—perfect "hair of the dog."
Come to bed: Check into your private villa at Montecristo Estates, an exclusive mountainside hideaway owned by Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas in Los Cabos. There's plenty of room to sun yourself beside gorgeous infinity pools, on terraces, and in outdoor Jacuzzis.
Tel: 52 624 142 9797
Villas from $1,450