World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The Similan Islands, Thailand
The vibe: Wash my hair tonight? Why bother?
Picture this: Nine tropical jungle islands, each ringed by troves of hidden-away beaches and surrounded by magnificent reefs. So unspoiled that they're known by numbers rather than by name, they're located across the water from the Phang Nga mainland, just north of Phuket.
The crowd: Barefoot beachcombers kissing in quiet coves, and pairs of snorkelers disappearing into the reefs
The sundowner: Take a sunset cruise around the islands and wine and dine on a boat moored in a shimmering bay.
Come to bed: You'll have to stay on the mainland, which, trust us, is not a hardship. Slip between the sheets at the Sarojin in Khao Lak, where the concierge staff call themselves "imagineers." The hotel offers tailor-made packages for couples, including private boat trips to the Similans on its 38-foot Lady Sarojin luxury boat.
Tel: 66 76 427 900 4
Garden Residence rooms from $340