World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Cousine Island, Seychelles
The vibe: "Me Tarzan, you Jane!"
Picture this: Looking to get off the grid? Take your lovely to the privately owned Cousine Island, home to alabaster beaches and an exclusive little lodge retreat. A nature reserve dedicated to conservation, the island also integrates four villas aimed at putting you out of civilization's reach and back to a more skinny-dipping state of mind.
The crowd: Precious few. The couple two villas away is likely an international gallery owner and his Gucci-loving girl. There are the dewy-eyed honeymooners making out in a hammock made for two. Sir Paul McCartney is one starry convert.
The sundowner: Chilled Champagne (after all, you won't actually be giving up any creature comforts): You'll be dining alfresco on Asian-Creole delights in the island's guest-only (and, well, only) restaurant.
Come to bed: The villas are French Colonial and just off the beach. Take a dip in the freshwater swimming pool. You can also enjoy guided hikes and fishing and diving trips with the on-island ecologists if you desire. Or just get back to the elements while relaxing in the spa.
Tel: 248 321107
Villas from $1,927, including all meals and drinks