World's Sexiest Beaches 2007
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Pigeon Point Beach, Antigua
The vibe: British aristos meet Hollywood movers and shakers for a love-in, colonial style.
Picture this: Antigua famously boasts 365 glorious beaches—one for every day of the year—but if you have to pick just one, make it Pigeon Point, where lily-white sands slope gently out into blue-blood waters and hammocks hang between swaying palms. Close to the historic English Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard National Park, it's home base for the jet set.
The crowd: This crew are often defined by what they own (look_at-me yachts) and what they're wearing (Hermès, Rolex, Dior, Armani). In fact, Giorgio himself is one of the celebs who owns a home here, along with Eric Clapton and Oprah.
The sundowner: Rum on the sand, but when you're at the Antigua Yacht Club, best stick to champers or G&Ts.
Come to bed: Cosy up in colonial grandeur beneath the vaulted ceilings of the Inn at English Harbour. Enjoy French breakfasts and English afternoon tea from the comfort of your mahogany four-poster bed. Egyptian linen sheets come standard, of course.
The Inn at English Harbour
Tel: 800 970 2123
Doubles from $233
Antiqua Yacht Club
Tel: 268 460 1799