Celebs in the Sand
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Where? Costa Smeralda, Sardinia
Who hangs out here? Euro royals, millionaires, yachties, playboys, and movie stars in search of Italian beach chic. Top style points go to TomKat, who sailed in last summer for a vacation before heading back to Germany where Tom was filming a movie. And how cute is little Suri? The youngest Cruise charmed the paparazzi on her beach holiday debut, taking a splash in the sea.
The star attraction: A private members' club by the sea, the Emerald Coast is for folks who've made it big. Euro trash meets Euro royals, including Princess Caroline of Monaco. Opulent parties are the rule, so have the butler pack the aspirin. High season kicks off with the Sardinia Rolex Cup sailing regatta in June.
Stargazing: The world-famous Hotel Cala di Volpe, formerly the Aga Khan's villa retreat, is the A-list hot spot. Keep your eyes peeled for Hollywood hotties such as Bruce Willis and George Clooney, as well as regulars like the princess, who arrive on their yachts for the hotel's famous buffet lunch at the waterside restaurant.
The hot bed: Hotel Pitrizza on Liscia di Vacca bay is favored by more discreet visitors. It has a delicious infinity pool carved out of rock and a peach of a private beach with views of Caprera Island.
Hotel Cala di Volpe
Tel: 39 0789 976111
Doubles from $1,160.
Tel: 39 0789 93011
Doubles from $1,168.