World's Sexiest Beaches 2008
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- The World's Most Beautiful Botanical Gardens ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
Bring the heat: The Aussies may be world-class friendly, but even they get tourist-weary in places like Sydney. To achieve that "I'm an outsider, wanna buy me a drink?" sizzle, it's hard to beat the west coast, near Perth. The locals pride themselves on being a little wilder, a little more independent, and a lot more entertaining. Challenge a cute one to a drinking contest.
Select sand: This photo was shot at Mindarie Keysa perfect spot on the 20-plus miles of Sunset Coast that run north from Perth. Think long washes of bone-white beaches and a clear Indian Ocean that blushes brilliant red at sunset. If you set off from Perth's busy city center, you'll be here in less than 30 minutes.
Hookup potential: Great-looking locals. Lots of them. You're the one with the accent. Do the math.
Privacy rating: 7.7. Chances are, new acquaintances will love to show you their favorite swath of solitary sand. If you're in the mood to duck away on dry land, ask for a tour of nearby Yanchep National Park, famous for some 600 natural caves and colonies of fuzzy-wuzzy koalas.
Pillow talk: Perth's a lovely city, but there's no reason to listen to the sound of traffic when you wake in the morning. Opt instead for the sound of boats clinking softly together at the Mindarie Marina, which has really nice suites at even nicer rates. Each has a balcony overlooking the water and access to the swimming pool and tennis courts, andmost importantlythe hotel is about a three-minute walk to the beach where this lass was photographed.
Tel: 618 9305 9305
Suites from $140