World's Sexiest Beaches 2008
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- The World's Most Beautiful Botanical Gardens ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
Site:Peter Island, British Virgin Islands
Bring the heat: Eight miles long and a half mile wide, this private island's sole apparent purpose is to provide you with a postcard-perfect backdrop for making out with the one you love (or at least the one you brought).
Select sand: Deadman's Bay (pictured) is the beach to beat, and it's right out your door. A classic U-shaped stretch of golden sand with views to Tortola, it's the kind of place you'd wash up on after walking the plank of a pirate shipif you also happened to be starring in a Hollywood movie.
Hookup potential: Strictly couples only. Unless you don't mind being a third wheel among googly-eyed honeymooners.
Privacy rating: 5. Deadman's Bay is bustling, but make your way to White Bay Beach on the windward side for pounding surf and private nooks. Resort staff will set up a fancy picnic lunch on the sand and then leave.
Pillow talk: Peter Island Resort is the only option. Happily, it's a good one, with fewer than 150 guests and lots of space to play in. The simple A-frame villas have bright splashes of Caribbean color insidemore fun than chic. And nobody will mind if you spread the sand around.
Peter Island Resort
Tel: 800 346 4451 (toll-free)
Doubles from $575, including meals and on-island activities