Islands on Sale
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
With Fijian resorts, "it's like Let's Make a Deal," says travel specialist Lynette Wilson of Destination World. While it would have cost $6,500 to spend a week at a five-star resort last summer, Wilson can get you the same trip for about $5,000 this summer. Nukubati Island Resort (pictured; view slideshow), a 2008 World Savers Award honoree, is charging $4,993 for seven nights in its honeymoon bure, including all meals and drinksthat's 29 percent less than you would have paid last year. And in addition to the new Viwa Island Resort's "stay seven, pay five" package, Wilson's clients get one 30-minute massage per person, a village trip, an introductory scuba class, and one dinner (doubles, $335). Book through: Lynette Wilson (800-224-0220; email@example.com).
For more on Fiji, see Condé Nast Traveler's "Ultimate Worldwide Island Beach Finder" from July 2007.