Islands on Sale
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The flight here will never be a bargain (it's about $1,000 from London on Sri Lankan Airlines), but once you land, great deals (and beaches) abound. Rates at the Anantara Dhigu are down 44 percent, netting you a deluxe beach villa for only $345 a night. The cost of an overwater bungalow at Anantara Veli has been slashed by 27 percent, to $350 a night. And at Soneva Gili (pictured; view slideshow), the "seven nights, pay for four" package means a villa costs 45 percent less this year than it did last. Book through: Lindsey Wallace of Linara Travel (800-335-6033; firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more on the Maldives, see Condé Nast Traveler's "Great Asian Beach Finder" from October 2007.