Islands on Sale
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The next St. Tropez? It's in the Adriatic. You can sip a coffee in Hvar Town and watch the yachts pull up, or explore the Roman ruins around the island. Fly into Split, then take the 90-minute ferry to Hvar (pronounced hwar). The three top hotels on the island are all offering a third night free; combine that with the weakened euro and you've got savings of as much as 73 percent. The Riva is for hipsters who want to prowl the clubs (doubles, $200$316), the Adriana for their elegant parents (doubles, $387$523). Guests at both properties have access to the private beach at the Hotel Amfora, the best option for families (doubles, $213$394). Book through: Greg Tepper of Exeter International (800-633-1008; email@example.com).
For more on Croatia, see Condé Nast Traveler's "Ultimate European Cruise" from May 2009.