Islands on Sale
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
It's no myth: The sales here are epic. Take one package offered exclusively by Christos Stergiou of TrueGreece: three nights each at the Petra Hotel on Patmos, Villa La Maltese (view slideshow) on Santorini, and the Blue Palace on Crete for $1,41437 percent less than the same trip would have cost last year. Or book a seven-night stay at Crete's Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites (pictured; view slideshow) through Ronnie Liadis of Liadis Travel and pay for just five. Included is a trip to Spinalonga, an uninhabited island where you can explore the remains of an old Venetian fort that was once a leper colony; the whole thing costs $2,929, 40 percent less than in 2008. Book through: Christos Stergiou (800-817-7098; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ronnie Liadis of Liadis Travel (800-542-3471; email@example.com).
For more on Greece, see Condé Nast Traveler's "Great Greek Island Finder" from July 2008.