World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Hawksnest Bay, St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
The turn-on: Two thirds of St. John is national park land, so it would be a challenge not to find a private stretch of sand. Chat up some locals around the beach barbecue pits at the North Shore's Hawksnest Bay. As the sun sets, lead your new flirtation to Little Hawksnest, a white powdery stretch cut off from the crowds by a scramble along the rocky shoreline. Make plans to work up a sweat the next day on a tandem hike past the ruins and petroglyphs of Reef Bay or on a windsurfing lesson in Cinnamon Bay.
Hot bodies: Nature lovers live out their shipwreck fantasies at beachfront campsites, while honeymooners hole up in the private villas and hotels dotting Cruz and Maho bays.
Bed down: Make like the Pitt-Jolie clan and hide out in Laurance Rockefeller's private beach house at Rosewood's Caneel Bay resort. You can swim out to the secluded slice of sand along Honeymoon Beach or explore the resort's 170 acres of tropical lushness. And with no phones or TVs, there's little to distract you from the ultimate distraction: your sexy suite-mate.