World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Montauk, Long Island, New York
The turn-on: New York's tony Hamptons is not the first thing that comes to mind when one says "sexy beaches." The stuffy charity parties, the seersucker and pearls. For a while, the closest thing you could get to steamy sex was of the pool-boy-on-MILF variety. But things are changing in the laid-back hamlet of Montauk, the very last town in this very last stretch of Long Island. Once a crash pad for Andy Warhol and the Rolling Stones—and always a destination for New York City weekend surfers—the town is again drawing arty types with daytime pool parties and retro-chic surf shacks. You'll see seersucker and bow ties, but it's all worn ironically.
Hot bodies: Trust-fund artists, model/DJs, and hip designer types arrive via keg-equipped party buses for daylong booze fests. Expect sparklers, skinny-dipping, and (how's this for a hangover?) Facebook pages full of the steamy pictorial evidence.
Bed down:Solé East is the center of the weekend party scene. Bourbon-soaked fashion editors have cannonball contests. Bass players make out with models on Adirondack chairs. Book a beach bungalow–style room and host an after-party—for 20 or just 2.