World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Muizenberg Beach (Cape Town), South Africa
The turn-on: Why bother with South Africa's game parks when the real wildlife prowls this stretch of sand outside Cape Town? Muizenberg has the Cape Peninsula's longest break, the Corner, a mile-long wave awash in bronzed bodies muscling onto colorful longboards. Kite-surfers and kayakers flock to Zandvlei, an estuary that feeds into the ocean at Muizenberg. And rock climbers scale the cliffs that jut up behind the Edwardian mansions and modern villas along the shore. All of the adventure types convene at watering holes along the beach promenade to drink and commence with mating rituals.
Hot bodies: Sick surf breaks and scalable cliffs bring in the chiseled and sun-kissed. But if you'd prefer to work up a sweat in other ways, sneak into one of the Victorian bathing booths for a little sundown sumthin' sumthin'. The iconic cotton candy–colored changing huts are a favorite for fashion shoots, so look out for lithe, leggy types.
Bed down: Book an Island room at the nearby One&Only Cape Town and lather off the day's activities in roomy rain showers for two… or more.