World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Zuma Beach (Malibu), California
The turn-on: One of the most celebrated strands in Los Angeles, Zuma is the ultimate locals' beach, except that the locals here have last names like Aniston and curves custom-built for bikinis. The Baywatch beauties perfected their slow-motion runs down this very two-mile stretch; Zuma's actual lifeguards are similarly spectacular specimens (though generally more, um, aerodynamic). Head to the southern part near Point Dume for 360 degrees of hotness, with beach volleyball players spiking in the sand, body boarders wrestling the rough surf, and rock climbers muscling up the cliffs above.
Hot bodies: Starlets zipping out of their wet suits tend toward the three B's: blond, bronzed, and bikini-ed. You might also see celebs like Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey training for the annual Malibu Triathlon held here each September.
Bed down: When stars need a staycation, they check in at buddy David Geffen's Malibu Beach Inn on nearby Billionaire's Beach. This is the stuff of cinematic seduction, where late-night trysts get their lighting design from private fireplaces, and crashing waves provide the soundtrack.