World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The turn-on: Hvar, an island on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia, is the hot new girl in Europe's party clique, showing up St. Tropez and Mykonos with her heady mix of waterfront clubs and wineries, nude beaches and medieval towns. Ride a motorbike through the lavender fields to sugar-sand beaches, or throw on your Miu Miu maillot and board an ancient gulet to set sail for tiny islets like Stipanska, where the Carpe Diem Beach Club (pictured) throws all-day parties. At night, couples get tipsy sipping rosé in candlelit passageways and flirt at Carpe Diem's harbor-front location in Hvar Town.
Hot bodies: The backpackers of yore have given way to bankers and models. Branch out from the marina scene to mix with suntanned locals on the romantic cobblestone streets of Jelsa and Stari Grad, Hvar's smaller towns.
Bed down: The Adriana Hotel's bar, Top, overlooks the harbor and has given Carpe Diem a run for its bottle-service money. Sip Champagne until it's time to lure that special someone to your waterfront suite for a nightcap by the glow of the marina.