World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
Gold Coast, Australia
The turn-on: Some of Australia's best surf breaks line the 35 miles of beaches along the Gold Coast, a short flight from Sydney. With more than 260 days of sunshine and all those beach bodies, few people can seem to keep their clothes on: Even the meter maids wear bikinis (thank you, ma'am, may I have another?). At sunset, surfers chat each other up over cheap beer at the beachfront lifeguard clubhouses. You can sign up as a guest or fake a drowning to get in, but either way, it shouldn't be hard to find yourself some mouth-to-mouth.
Hot bodies: The high-rise apartment buildings lining the Gold Coast are full of surf bums who live for the morning swells.
Bed down: Surfer crash pads are acceptable for a hook-up, but you don't want to stay there. Opt instead for the outrageous contrast of the Palazzo Versace (yes, that Versace), a rococo palace of gilt furniture, marble baths, and whirlpool tubs.