World's Sexiest Beaches 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
- Unexplored Caribbean ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
The turn-on: Mazunte is the stuff that escape fantasies are made of. The rustic little town on Mexico's chic but still unspoiled Pacific coast is a barefoot existence of beachfront shacks and unmarked hideaways. It's so drop-in, drop-out sexy that even sea turtles come to mate here. Grab your certain someone, that old Holga camera, and a few sarongs, and prepare to hole up in a hammock above the khaki sands.
Hot bodies: Yogis, surfers, and nomads down micheladas alongside laid-off ad execs at the beach's chilled-out eco-lodges.
Bed down: The back-to-basics rooms of La Posada del Arquitecto (pictured) are carved into the rocks of Playa Rinconcito. Beds hang from the ceiling, the shower is built into a tree trunk, and the whole thing is fronted by a rainbow-hued row of hammocks.