Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Natural Swimming Holes Around the World ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Ten Island Escapes from the Cold ›
Every year around Memorial Day, our sister site Condé Nast Traveler gets a surge of desperate emails: "Help! I need a summer vacation. Where should I go?" Relax. They've scoured the world and consulted their favorite travel pros to find 20 full-on trips for every taste and budget, plus—for those who want their fun in 24-hour bites—4 long-weekend getaways. All you have to do is pick the one that's right for you. Here, the first: Beach vacations in Panama, Mexico, France, and more.
Originally published on our sister site CondeNastTraveler.com in May 2012.