Real Travel Deals to Book Right Now
IN THIS STORY
- Intro ›
- Save 60% on All 2010 Silversea Cruises ›
- Ski Free in Aspen This Winter ›
- 50% off a Bahamas All-Inclusive Resort ›
- Crystal Cruises: More than 50% off ›
- Free Nights in Newport, Rhode Island ›
- Every Other Night Free in Mexico at The Tides Zihuatanejo ›
- Up to 66% off SeaDream Yacht Club Cruises ›
- Save More Than 65% at a Maldives Resort ›
- Save 45% at the One&Only Palmilla in Cabo ›
- Free Nights at Westin Hotels Worldwide ›
- Save 48% or More at a Florida Resort ›
- Free Nights at 13 Starwood Hotels in Mexico ›
- Four Seasons Puna Mita: Save $1,234 ›
- Southeast Asia: 6 Nights Free ›
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: New York City ›
- Where Cheaper is Better ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- Best American Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- World's Best Bargain Shopping ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $200 ›
- Affordable Caribbean Hotels ›
- Best Cruise Deals Around the World ›
- Best Vacation Deals 2009 ›
- Affordable Family Vacations ›
Save More Than 65% at a Maldives Resort
The deal: Lindsey Wallace, the Maldives expert on Wendy's list of top travel specialists, has negotiated a special rate with Alila Villas Hadahaa, a brand-new environmentally friendly resort in the Maldives.
The dates: For travel between August 16 (the resort's opening date) and December 19, 2009. There is no book-by date.
The fine print: Luxury like this doesn't come cheap: An "Island Villa" (the least expensive room category) normally costs $1,183 per night. But Lindsey has negotiated a special rate with the resort: $790 per night, including all taxes and service charges, with every other night free. If you stay an even number of nights, you end up paying an average of $395 per night—which is more than 65% off the rack rate of $1,183.
Wendy's inside tip: You'll also need to pay for transfers to and from the resort. These start at $280 per person.
How to book: Lindsey Wallace of Linara Travel, is the only person who can get you this specially negotiated rate.