But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
Hotel Bleibtreu, Berlin
The deal: €132 ($167) for a standard double; €230 during World Cup, June 9–July 9.
The hood: Located just off the Kurfürstendamm, Berlin's shopping- and theater-centric aorta.
What you'll get: A design hotel in a patrician 19th-century building, this was Berlin's pioneer boutique property when it opened in 1995. There's custom-made contemporary furniture, a primary color scheme, and sculptures and paintings by local artists. But the Blahnik attitude hides a Birkenstock heart—woods are all untreated, the textiles are natural, and there's an alternative-medicine practitioner on call.
Near and not so dear: Take yourself to the Erotik Museum, which explores sexuality in its many modes, from Asian sensual art to chastity belts (€5 admission).
Tel: 49 30 88474 0
Fax: 49 30 88474 444
4 Joachimstaler Strasse
Tel: 49 30 88606 66