Best Winter Travel Deals
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: New York City ›
- Where Cheaper is Better ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- Best American Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- World's Best Bargain Shopping ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $200 ›
- Affordable Caribbean Hotels ›
- Best Cruise Deals Around the World ›
- Real Travel Deals to Book Right Now ›
- Best Vacation Deals 2009 ›
Rule of thumb: Book a group tour. You'll benefit from the economies of scale and won't have to worry about logistics.
Why here? This isn't Grandma's group tour: On G.A.P. Adventures' Morocco Sojourn, a ten-day trip from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains, the Sahara, and the Atlantic coast, you'll spend one night at a nomad camp in the desert and take two excursions by camel.
Best bang for your buck: Not all bus tours are created equal. Well-respected outfitter G.A.P. Adventures attracts a young, worldly clientele with its off-the-radar destinations. The Morocco trip costs $649 per person, plus €250 local payment, which currently works out to about $100 per night, including all breakfasts, four dinners, tours, and transportation by private van. And you can feel swell about where your money is going, since G.A.P. runs a nonprofit foundation that supports local projects in the communities it visits. The company encourages travelers to give $1 per day and matches every donation. Since costs are low in Morocco, G.A.P. estimates that you'll spend only about $200 on meals not included in the package price. Just remember to factor in some spending money for the country's exquisite metalwork, ceramics, and textiles.
Tel: 800 708 7761