Best Winter Travel Deals
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: New York City ›
- Where Cheaper is Better ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- Best American Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- World's Best Bargain Shopping ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $200 ›
- Affordable Caribbean Hotels ›
- Best Cruise Deals Around the World ›
- Real Travel Deals to Book Right Now ›
- Best Vacation Deals 2009 ›
Rule of thumb: Search out added incentives dangled by hotels that don't want to reduce their nightly rates. Even if the total is more than the basic rate, the value of the add-ons usually outweighs the increase.
Why here?: For spa-goers,this desert town is massage heaven. You can get your fix at the Amara Resort, a blissful getaway along burbling Oak Creek yet still close to downtown.
Best bang for your buck: The Amara's Outer Radiance package starts at $445 for a night but includes a $260 credit to the spa. That'll pay for a 90-minute custom massage (including tip), or a massage lesson for two so that you can continue to work out the kinks back at home. You'll also find a bottle of wine and a fruit-and-cheese plate in your room when you arrive. Not a massage fanatic? Try El Portal instead, a romantic hacienda-style hotel in the heart of downtown. If you're willing to take a chance and are planning to stay two or more nights, wait until the day before you arrive to book a room—if you call less than 24 hours in advance, your first night will cost only $99, Sunday through Thursday. Those more risk-averse can book ahead online and get a 10 percent discount through December. Rates start at $250 in the high season, but only $179 until March (excluding Christmas).
Tel: 800 815 6152
Tel: 800 313 0017