Best Winter Travel Deals
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: New York City ›
- Where Cheaper is Better ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- Best American Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- World's Best Bargain Shopping ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $200 ›
- Affordable Caribbean Hotels ›
- Best Cruise Deals Around the World ›
- Real Travel Deals to Book Right Now ›
- Best Vacation Deals 2009 ›
Rule of thumb: The period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always a slow travel time, so hotels sweeten the deal to bring in guests.
Why here?: Early December is a perennial no-go zone for vacationers, and popular resort areas like Florida can't depend on business travelers—particularly this year. That's why hotels, even those that rarely discount, are pulling out all the stops.
Best bang for your buck: If you've got a few vacation days still to use this year, many Florida hotels will reward you for taking some time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort (view slideshow) in Naples, for instance, is offering a Holiday Reconnect package: For $309 per night, you get a resort-view room, full breakfast for two, and a $100 credit that can be used at the on-site restaurants, spa, or shops. The 295-room hotel has two golf courses designed by Greg Norman and five restaurants. Guests can also hop a free shuttle to the other Ritz property in town, which abuts the beach. What else is there to do while in Naples? Take care of any last-minute Christmas shopping at the Waterside Shops, an open-air mall where palm trees grow outside Saks Fifth Avenue. Or head to the Philharmonic Center for the Arts for a Holiday Pops concert by the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra.
Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Tel: 239 593 2000
Philharmonic Center for the Arts
Tel: 239 597 1900
Tickets from $47