Best Vacation Deals 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: New York City ›
- Where Cheaper is Better ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- Best American Hotels Under $250 a Night ›
- World's Best Bargain Shopping ›
- Hot New Hotels Under $200 ›
- Affordable Caribbean Hotels ›
- Best Cruise Deals Around the World ›
- Real Travel Deals to Book Right Now ›
- Affordable Family Vacations ›
With "international economic downturn" seeming to have surpassed "I love you" as the three most commonly linked words in the English language, could there be a better time to travel? Not if you want some of the best travel deals anyone has seen since Moses offered a shortcut across the Red Sea. What makes now an especially appealing time to take a trip is that while the monetary crisis seems to have bottomed outand the swine flu scare has subsided enough, for now, that the U.S. has dropped its Mexico travel warningmany would-be travelers are still hesitating, which is forcing the travel industry to keep prices low. For the intrepid sojourner, that means bargains are everywhere, crowds are nowhere, and even the once-haughtiest of waiters will now be your biggest fan. Here are 10 vacation destinations where your dollar will get you more than it has in years.
Published June 2009. Note that prices and other details mentioned in this story are likely to change.
Pictured: Falasarna Beach, Crete.