But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Dreamy Tower Suites ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Wendy Perrin's Favorite Family Destinations ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 7 Perfect Days in 7 Popular European Ports ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
CROATIA: Hunt for Diamonds—Edible Ones
The circuit: Eastern and Western Mediterranean from Athens, Greece, to Lisbon, Portugal
Boat basics: The Seabourn Pride has a dignified appeal, with heavy drapes, Hermès bath products, and Bose stereos, and an older crowd who take their complimentary digestifs in the lounge.
Shore thing: The area is well-known by gustatory types for its truffle hunting, and you'll spend the morning trolling through the Motovun Forest, sniffing out black truffles with local foragers and their dogs. These "diamonds of the Piedmont" fetch up to $225 per pound, but the haul, sadly, belong to your guide. No worries: plenty competitive among the locals.
The details: The 18-night Mediterranean Odyssey cruise departs April 24, 2007.
From $7,949 per person
Tel: 800 929 9391