Future of Air Travel
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Dreamy Tower Suites ›
- Subway Stations with Incredible Art ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- World's Best Cities for Architecture Lovers ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Future Hotels ›
- Fashion Hotels ›
- The New Wonders of the World ›
- Cities of the Future ›
- World's Best Hotel Design Details ›
Air travel, we all know, is not what it once was. It is, in fact, getting a lot better. Innovations are sweeping nearly every aspect of the industry, from Boeing's remake of the industry's workhorse, the 747, to onboard entertainment designed with passengers' increasingly discerning tastes in mind. In coming years, airline passengers can expect to see at 35,000 feet more of the comforts and conveniences they're used to on the ground—even comfy coach seats that let you lie down and catch some zzzs. And that's something any frequent flier can get on board with.
Published December 2011. Pictured: Airbus Concept Plane.