But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
- World's Best Farm Hotels ›
In the summer months, as the mercury goes up-up-up, we all think about the joys of jumping into the water. But there are those of us who think about what's jumping around in the water, toofish and clams and all sorts of succulent shellfish. Lucky for us, summer also happens to be when the lobster shacks of New England throw open their weathered doors, when Chesapeake crabbers mix up their secret spice blends, when salmon smokers are lighted all over the Pacific Northwest. Let's face it: Nothing says summer like a sweet fried clam with a spritz of lemon, or a fish taco doused with guacamole and salsa, or a pile of freshly shucked lobster meat on a soft split bun. Get out your crackersand your flippersfor our tour of the summer's best seafood spots.
Published July 2007
To read more about Jane and Michael Stern's favorite spots to eat, visit roadfood.com.