World's Most Romantic Restaurants
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
YOUR BLUE HEAVEN
Where: Lagoon, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Why Go: Jean-Georges Vongerichten is the only chef bold enough to attempt food worthy of this view, which is the stuff of Polynesian fantasy. Yes, the water really is that blue. And no, the cloud-ringed Mount Otemanu in the distance is not some phony backdrop.
A Side of Atmosphere: With the most indulgent overwater bungalows in the region, a discreet staff, and radiant sunsets, the St. Regis delivers blissful paradise (it suited Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban just fine on their honeymoon).
Appetite for Seduction: Chef Romuald Feger translates Jean-Georges' vision by mixing classic French methods with unfussy Asian accents: Duck à l'orange comes with crystallized tamarind; striped marlin is bathed in a coconut-lemongrass broth.
The Hot Seat: You can see the lagoon from two angles at table 173, the restaurant's most coveted two-seater.
St. Regis Bora Bora
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Tel: 689 607 848