World's Most Romantic Restaurants
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
Where: Eagle's Eye, British Columbia, Canada
Why Go: When you dine at 7,700 feet, you look down—not up—at the Rockies. And being together above the clouds will leave you breathless (well, not literally, we hope).
A Side of Atmosphere: Although this rugged A-frame restaurant sits at roughly the same altitude as a low-flying jetliner, the ride up (15 minutes by gondola) is significantly more pleasant than being crammed in coach. In the main room, floor-to-ceiling windows and a classic Pacific Northwest palette (honeyed timber, rugged stone, clean lines) let the view steal the show.
Appetite for Seduction: To find fodder for his straightforward, seasonal menus, Chef Alain Soret culls the provinces for their best ingredients: BC coho salmon, Québec duck liver, Alberta beef, and Rocky Mountain bison.
The Hot Seat: Although the panorama looks lovely from every part of the room, tables 36 and 37 are closest to the fireplace.
Kicking Horse Resort
1500 Kicking Horse Trail
Golden, BC, Canada
Tel: 866 754 5425 (toll-free)
Tel: 250 439 5424