World's Most Romantic Restaurants
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
BEYOND THE SEA
Where: Atlas Club Nautika, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Why Go: In a city where views are currency (islands! boats! roofs!), this restaurant, overlooking a cove that's nicely insulated from the madding crowds, claims the most valuable panorama for itself.
A Side of Atmosphere: The walled Old Town, whose streets have been buffed to a sheen from ten centuries' worth of visitors, feels like a museum come to life. And there's no better spot to reflect on your place in history than from Nautika's outdoor terrace: Two stone fortresses—elegant examples of the city's perfectly preserved medieval beauty—jut into the azure Adriatic, and every so often, a sailboat slices through the waves.
Appetite for Seduction: You're staring at the sea, so ordering should be easy: Nautika specializes in seafood dishes that are specific to the Dalmatian Coast, like sea bass with squid-ink sauce or lobster medallions Korčula-style (served over greens and topped with local olive oil and vinegar).
The Hot Seat: The Lovrijenac terrace is the smallest and quietest of the three decks; tables 20 and 22 are right next to the railing, with the best views of the sea.
Atlas Club Nautika
3 Brsalje Square
Tel: 385 20 442 526